One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How's Monday?

I had a pretty productive weekend, I ran about 4 miles on Saturday and 9 miles on Sunday. It went pretty well but for one thing. My Garmin is now dead. I have had the thing a year and a half and the lcd has burned out. The poor captain (my name for my garmin) has been laid to rest. We had many a good time the Captain and I, we ran a couple of half marathons together and a full marathon. It is sad that he won't be joining me any longer. I am not really sure how to handle this news.

Now I am faced the reality of replacing the poor fellow. I am leaning toward getting a 405 rather than the 205 I was using. Is this an excuse to get a new toy? I do admit that I will miss the poor Captain, but I am also looking forward to new technology.

Oh well, I have to move on, I will miss the Captain.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Before you pronounce dead, might be worth your while to check with Garmin. They're a pretty good company and might just repair or replace at little or no cost. Worth checking out.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Hmmm...new toys. But like Jeff says Garmin is pretty fantastic...

David H. said...

Like Jeff said, get that Garmin checked out. If you bought it new, it shouldn't be dead yet. But if you want an upgrade, I've heard the 405 is great. Or look to ebay if you want to save some money. That's how I got my 205 for about half of what it retails.