One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back Outdoors, at last

I have had to run inside since early December. This was started by an injury to my left calf and continued due to some bitter cold and ice. So today, when it was seasonably warm, I finally got to get outside and run a little. My conditioning is sub par. I really struggled with the little three mile jaunt. But no need to get down on one's self, you just draw a baseline and know that you will keep at it and you will get better.

When I started out I felt fine but my lungs started to scream a bit after a half mile. I think that this was just some rust. After a few weeks out of doors I am sure I will be better. But it was a good start and I still managed more than 14 miles for the week which was good. Next week I will need to get outside more.

Happy running.

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

You'll soon knock that rust out!

ShoreTurtle said...

Running in the cold is definitely different. It sounds like you've got a good attitude about it. Spring will be here soon, hopefully.