This year I accomplished quite a few things and had quite a few set backs. I turned 4o this year, which seems to be a bit of a milestone. I wasn't sure if I would make it to 25, so I am on borrowed time. :)
What did I do that was good?
- Ran my first marathon
- Ran a 5k at less than a 10:00 pace
- Ran two half marathons and qualified for the National Marathon in DC (It's not the same as Boston but I will take it for now.)
- Overall got a good deal faster
- Lost about 35 pounds (but gained 15 back ... what can you do.)
- Practiced martial arts a great deal during the year
- Read about 50 books
- Maintained a positive outlook on life
What happened that was not so good?
- Fell into a serious funk after my marathon
- Suffered what seemed to be injury after injury from the Summer on
- Turned 40!!! yikes. (just kidding, I don't really care).
- Did not reach my 1000 mile run goal, sad a little on that one.
Well it looks like the good has outdone the bad, so I think I will label it a successful year. So that leaves me asking what comes next? I am a bit of a planner so I will give you a tentative list of things on the horizon.
- Run in the American Odyssey Relay in April
- Run half marathon at the National Marathon in D.C. (still thinking about this one)
- Run Philadelphia Distance Run in September (half marathon)
- Run full marathon for Philadelphia in November
- Continue to keep at my martial arts training and hope to inch closer to black belt by the end of the year.
- Read another 40 t0 50 books.
- Lose that 15 pounds that came back and 20 to 25 of his brothers
- Keep a positive outlook on life.
- Try again to hit 1000 road miles for the year.
So there is my year in review, it is positive. I have had some tough times and some not so tough times. I want to thank everyone for being there and wish everyone well in the New Year.