One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Monday, July 7, 2008

Another double digit effort

Since running my marathon back in May I have been in a running funk. That said this is the third week of double digit totals, which is a step in the right direction. Actually I think it is great as it has been humid as of late. This weekend I was supposed to do a tempo run on Friday but that was just a nice idea. I was struggling just to get the miles in (humidity was killing me). I managed 3.8 miles. I took Saturday off from running and then put in 4 on Sunday.

I feel like I am getting better. I totally blew week 2 of my speed plan. But it doesn't matter as I am not on a time crunch so I will just do it again. It is nice how things work out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The heat, humidity and holiday schedule is killing my training. Gah! So I hear you. I think I may sign up for a half just to make myself run it.

Road Warrior said...

Perfectly natural to go into a funk after the marathon. I definitely did. You're smart to take it slow and get back into it when it feels right. Besides, you're active anyway so no harm, no foul.

Andrew is getting fit said...

It seems to be fairly common to slip into a bit of a funk after completing a major goal like a marathon. You'll get your mojo back. It just takes time.

Robert Barker said...

I am out of my funk now, but I have to be mindful of blowing everything I gained post marathon in the future.