One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Monday, September 1, 2008

Bloody Shoe

So I was out running last week and I guess that one of my toe nails was a bit long and was cutting into its neighbor toe. I didn't notice at the time ... I can obtuse. So I got home and my sock looks a mess. It was a good run. You can see the shoe and the stain from the blood.



I think the normal thing to do would be to wash the shoe. But I think it adds some character ... so the blood stays. I don't think it will mess up any PRs. I could be wrong on that, but I don't think so on this one. So if you see a big guy running with a a bloody shoe ... it could be me.

As for the week, it was an ok result. I ran three days ... work has been demanding in terms of hours. I ended up with a bit over 11 miles for the week and 55 miles for the month. This is moving in the right direction. I hope to get up to 75 miles for next month. Not too bad really.

I am feeling better in my running. My times are coming down and I feel a lot more comfortable in the running.

5 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

That's a sign of character I reckon. Don't wash it!

David H. said...

Washing a shoe could ruin it, so don't wash it!

Anonymous said...

Ewwww! But no don't wash the shoe. :)

Jeff said...

DEFINITELY don't wash the shoe!

I'm with you on the character, too.

Unknown said...

at least it wasn't this bad:

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234057/72508-brian-sell-after-the-olympics