One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Remembering what works

When I had trained for my marathon and then again when I was training for half marathons. I found that my mid week longer run was very important. It seemed to me that this run balanced my weekly runs and really did quite a bit in adding to my overall fitness. My summer funk seems to be mostly behind me and today I added my first midling run on the season. It was a 5.2 mile jaunt. I had worked from home today as my car needed some work.

When the repair center called to let me know it was ready (it was a weird thing where the driver side lock just wouldn't unlock). Well I ran to the repair center but I got there just as I got into a grove ... too bad. I had run about 3.2 miles when I arrived. So I drove home and then added another two from there. It was only about a 10 to 15 minute drive. So I had a small break and then hit the roads again. So I don't know if it counts as two small runs or one 5.2 mile run either way I am fine with it.

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Either way it sounds pretty good!

Jeff said...

Not like 3 miles in the morning and two at night. I'd count as one.

I remember those mid week "sorta long" run's too. Agreed that they definitely help get prepped for the weekend big run.