One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Weight Check

Well here it is the first of the month again. This is as good a time as any for an official weight check. It is not as impressive as previous months. I ran in to a road block about half way through the month. My daughter had a birthday and we had a big party and I had cake and ice cream. Well that started a downward spiral for about a week or so (well more like 10 days). In short it threw off my steady weight loss. I did manage to go from 223 to 220 so that is not too bad it is just not as good as I had been doing. Additionally, with the marathon training I was eating a lot more than I usually do. So down three pounds, after this month I'll take it.

Running update: I went out for a short run this morning and all seems fine with the hip. Well on a short run anyway. 3.65 miles, 10:29 pace I am pretty pleased that the additional rest has paid off. We will see how things hold up on ten miles this weekend. I am officially in taper so I am not trying to push things very much. (Well I will be pushing this weekend but I am scheduled for 12 and I am only doing 10 so I figure I can push a bit.)

Garmin stuff: I just learned about the accuracy guage on my garmin. I put it on my display so that I can guage how accuarate the pacing is. Sometimes the Captain (the name I use for my garmin gps) seems a bit off based on the pace I know I am going. I will let you know how this goes.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Good news on the hip. Hope it stays that way.

You should definitely take those 3 pounds as a win. Nice job.

Enjoy the taper.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Everything that Jeff said!

Chief Wahoo said...

Glad to hear the hip is feeling better!