One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Just a short run

I went out for a short run this evening after work, it was pretty humid but I felt like I had been letting my running slide as I hadn't been out since last Saturday. So out I went and ended up with:

2.70 miles, 9:55 pace
Now this is a bit of a mile stone for me. I had never finished a run at a sub 10:00 pace. So I guess I am fresh and very well rested. I was huffing a bit at the end and this was a bit of an uncomfortable pace. I will let everyone in on a little secret, I have found that to get better you have to go through a little discomfort. So I don't mind being a bit out of sorts at the end of this little run. I am having a little pride episode over this sub-10:00 jaunt. I am sure I will get over it.
What else did I do after work, well I have been working on my overall body flexibility and to this end I have been doing entire body stretching. I will tell you what the tension has just melted from my body over the last week. I had done a particular stretching routine when I was studying White Tiger Kung Fu about 8 years ago. Well I dusted off my notes and went through my routine. There is nothing magical about my routine, I just found something that had worked for me and stuck with it. I feel quite refreshed. Work has been picking up so I need the stress relief. I like to live mostly stress free, which can be difficult in my life of work so I need a few outlets, the stretching has helped me keep on top of the stress. I will keep this up for a month and see what I think, with one week gone, I like the effect.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

You've definitely earned a bit of pride on that run. Nice job.

Andrew is getting fit said...

It's great to hit these milestones. Celebrate them!