One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Small Progress

As I have said, I am slowly getting my miles back up to some sort of respectable standards (well this is from my own perspective.) Last night I went out for a short run at about 10:00 pm. I just wanted to get 3 miles under my belt. Well, it was a success, huzzah.

I was working hard to keep my speed up but I was a bit tired and was not able to get to a sub 10:00 pace this time. Well what can you do. I did manage a 10:11 pace over the course of the run. I am fine with that.

That said my goal for my 5k on Thursday is to get below 30 minutes. I am not sure if I can pull it off but I will do what I can to get it done. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

In a race atmosphere I will put my money on you going sub 30.

Jeff said...

Pretty close to your sub 10's. Good luck on Thursday -- I'll put my money on you too.

David H. said...

Have a great race! I think you'll have no trouble breaking 30 minutes with others around you.

Nat said...

Good luck on your 5K. :)

Anonymous said...

LLLUUUCCKKKK! you will do fine. at least you dont have an aircast on your foot! lol! You'll run sub 30.... my moneys on you too.