One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Monday, June 16, 2008

Week in Review

Things have been slow coming on the running front. I am still getting over being a bit burned out from the marathon training. It is slow but I am getting better. This weekend I managed a little over 4 miles on a single run, which is the most I have done in a single stretch since the marathon.

I remember not so long ago that the 11:00 mile seemed such a huge barrier. Today it seems funny to think so. I have made big gains in time since the marathon. I have not been running very long but I have been running faster. My last 3 runs have all been at a sub 10:00 pace. Now this is not going to break any records but it is a nice feeling to be in the single digits.

This Thursday will be my first race since my marathon last month. It will also be my first 5k of the year. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

*lisa* said...

Good luck!

I've been meaning to ask you - did you do anything special to shave your pace down or did you just speed up naturally with practice. I seem to be stuck at 11:30/mile.

Andrew is getting fit said...

5K must feel like nothing after the marathon! Here's to a new PR!

Jeff said...

Must be a natural letdown. I'm still in a bit of a running funk, but it's getting better.

Wish I was seeing your speed increases, though.

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and was impressed with your weight progress over on the right hand side, being that you were nearly 300 lbs back in 2007 and are now approaching 200 lbs.

I am just starting my weight loss journey at just over 300 lbs and I have a latent ambition to run the London Marathon -- but i know that I need to do so many things before that -- lose a chunk of weight to start with, start power walking, then jogging etc etc.

But it inspires me when I come across blogs such as yours to find people who were at or near to 300 lbs who have already progressed a long way on the journey.

Best wishes,
Sharon