One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Better Safe than Sorry

From running in shoes that were not quite right, I had done a little damage to my knee. It was hurt but not injured. I could tell some rest was in order so for the past week and a half I have not been running. I have been running for a couple of years now and I have found out when I need rest. This was one of those times.

My right knee was giving me some trouble even when I was walking. I felt like it was time to just let it rest a bit. Well now I am running again, well as of tonight. I have to say I think I did the right thing. My right knee didn't give me a peep. I am not sure if that would have been the case if I had tried to run through this one. I have to admit knees make me paranoid. I will try to run through almost anything but knee problems, no way. That is my wimp reflex. Knee tweak ... hold on lets rest a bit. That is my baby factor. I like to think I am pretty tough when it comes to pain, but there is my soft spot. Anything else and I will grit it out.

How did it go tonight, well I did 4.6 miles and everything felt fine. I have to kick it up now to get ready for the half marathon at the end of November.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Good call, Rob. Seems like running on any leg or foot pain beyond just mild is a recipe for disaster. Glad it worked out for you.