One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Shoes

I have been dealing with a little tweak in my right knee over the past couple of weeks. I thought it was just a turn toward colder weather. I have been a bit battered in my life and I thought it was just old injuries letting me know about the change in weather. Not so.

Last night as I was helping my daughter with her homework, I took my running shoe out of the rack and tested the spring in the mid sole. It was dead. I hadn't thought about the miles I put on these shoes for some time and when I looked back I was over 400 miles. No wonder I was getting runners tweak. My ankles and knee had been complaining and this was why. I had a new pair upstairs and switched them out for my night run.

I ended up going 3.75 miles at a faster pace than I had been for the past month or so. I have been somewhere near 10:40 to 10:45 but last night I was at 10:20. I am not where I want to be but I think the new shoes will help me along. Plus, they are green so they must be faster.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Definitely with you on the shoes -- brighter = faster! Personally, I'm into silver.