One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bruised and Battered

Today, I went out for my long run. I would say this ... sometimes bad runs happen to good people. It started out fine for the first 2.5 miles when I felt the urge for a pit stop back at home. Upon taking care of business, I went out to finish the run but I could never get back into a groove. I did run 9.5 miles but the pace was a bit slower than I am used to running. I think that this had much to do with the amount of hills on this course. I will take the small victory of having put in some good miles. When it was done I was more tired than I usually am after a long run and really needed a rest. So there is good and bad, much like the rest of life.

In other news, I was back at my martial arts class again. I had been out for a good amount of time, due to some personal conflict. I am taking private lessons until things calm down in my personal life. I do like that better to be truthful. It is nice to have the one on one time. I was happy to get back into the swing of things. Additionally, I was pleased that I still had abot 90% of my speed and power, so that was nice.

In news more related to paragraph 1, I ran more than 20 miles this week. Huzzah.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Congrats on getting in the 20 miles this week :)