One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Looking ahead to ... Runtober

I know, I know, everyone does this sort of thing. But I was in a mood what can I say. So I am dubbing October, Runtober well for this year anyway. October will be the most important month of this training schedule for getting prepared for my half marathon at the end of November. September ended fine with 70 miles logged but I would like to build on that for this coming month. I want to say 100 but perhaps that is too ambitious so I will say 90. Here is the plan:

This week:
M: 4 (done)
T: 5.5 (done)
W:
Th: 4
F:
Sa: 3 (intervals)
Su: 10

Next Week:
M:
T: 4
W: 6
Th:
F: 4
Sa: 3 (intervals)
Su: 6

This will be 26 for this week and 23 for next week. The following two weeks of the month will be basically similar except that for the long run I will be at 12 miles. This will leave a 14 miler for the 1st of November and then a taper. I think that should about do it. The miles I am planning do add up to over 100 but I know that my plans don't always go exactly ... well to plan. So 90 is realistic in case something unexpected occurs.

70 miles, not bad. And yes I did plan the distance of my run last night around getting to 70 miles for the month.

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Sounds like a great plan to me.