One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Friday, October 3, 2008

Run Log

I woke up this morning, thankfully. A step in the right direction.

Get up, get up. I have to run. There is a work party tonight and I can't run after, I might be able to walk but there will be alcohol. I have to run.

OK, OK, I am getting myself together. Shirt, shorts, socks ... where are my socks. I have to wear my bridgedales. I need the little extra cushion for the runs. Where, this would be easier in the daylight. The laundry basket, a novel idea, I would have come on this sooner if I had been awake. Put on the clothes, grab the garmin, water bottle (stainless steel - new and very nice) and .... umm what else do I need ah shoes.

OK grab them and out the door. Maybe I should have put them on first. The steps will work and OK they are on. Run ... wait set the garmin, ah mp3 I forgot. Back in grab and out. Set the garmin and walk to the end of the street. Am I awake yet, not sure. But lets go.

I take off and try to shake the sleep off and manage to only go a half mile at about an 11:30 pace but manage a 10:55 for the mile. Not bad. One mile ... awake now. Am I breathing hard, I don't think so but Fuel is reminding me that everything that shimmers is sure to fade away. So that is an uplifting thought.

Mile two, up the hill. Chop it up, short step, short step. Will it end I feel like I have been looking up at it forever. Come on, just keep going can see the top , not far now. Just up, hell its only a quarter mile now. Cresting the hill, not breathing hard, garmin beep, 10:38 for the mile. Whew down the hill, pick it up. Red light, stop. Water, mmm best stuff on Earth. Green means go, run how am I going 11:15. Give me a break. Pick it up, pick it up. Flat and straight is not big deal, flat and straight is no big deal.

Going home, take the turn toward my house, mile 3, 10:30. Turn the corner and sprint down my street and walk for a .1 to cool off. 3.30 miles. OK, time to go to work, what did I just do?

Time to down a protein drink, chomp a banana and grab a shower. The day is just starting.

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Great one! I felt like I was there with you.