One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Monday, November 3, 2008

10 Miles, check

I had planned to run ten miles this last weekend. I was not that hopeful as most of plans these days seem to fly out the window. I feel like I have been making more excuses than accomplishments as of late. So, I am happy to say that I did manage to get my 10 miles in on Sunday and the pace was decent as well.

I woke up thinking it was an hour later and was worried about getting my run in. (I did not remember about setting the clock back until about 2:00 pm on Sunday). So I hurried and got out the door at 8:30 (actually 7:30 - I was a bit of tool on this one). I had the route sketched in my head of what would be about 10 miles and I was pretty much dead on. I was happy to keep a 10:40 pace through the entire run. I thought that was nice.

I am scheduled to do the half marathon at the Philadelphia Marathon in late November and I want to get a PR. That would make up for a rather disappointing Summer and Fall. It seems I am right on track for breaking my half marathon pace. This is not that daunting a pace (11:19) to beat. Keep your goals modest I always say.

This weekend I hope to do the same 10 to 11 miles for my long run with two or three shorter runs during the week. Well that is the plan.

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Good man. With a bit of luck you should smash your old PR.

Pokey said...

Sounds like a new PR in your future Rob!!

How the heck are you? Havent *talked* in a while.....cant wait until AOR next year!!!!!