One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

There is Something in the Air ...

I feel like spring is around the corner on this 65 degree day. The big news of the day....


I registered for my first Marathon today!
.
You read correctly. On May 18, 2008, I will be taking part in the Delaware Marathon. This is not a big event but I am really looking forward to it. They have their fees and now I can get on with my training. 26.2 miles is pretty far but I can do it. Well I think I can anyway. Everyone wish me well on this one. I hope this will be the first of many.

9 comments:

David H. said...

Don't think it... just say you're going to do it. Saying "think" can easily bring you down. Congrats on signing up -- that's really the hardest part. You've built an excellent base and you're well on your way!!

*lisa* said...

That's awesome, Rob! You'll do great!

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness, you're taking this I DARE thing pretty seriously. You are awesome, man!!

Megan Hall said...

Congrats! Seconding David - you *will* do it! I'm working my way through The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer in preparation for my first and really enjoying it, though you probably have the base to start somewhere near the end and should use a different plan! It's mostly about the mental side of things, though.

Jason said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats!!!

I used the Non-Runner's book too and it worked great.

I'll let you in on a secret....once you do one marathon, you'll want to do another :)

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

WOW that is exciting. Best of luck and look forward to following your training.

Robert Barker said...

Thanks for everyone's encouragement!

Chief Wahoo said...

In the words of Yoda

there is no try...there is only do or not do...

You'll do great!

Topher said...

Woohoo! Good for you, man. I'm really excited for you and can't wait to pick up some first-marathon tips from you as I prep for my first marathon later this year.