One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Friday, February 29, 2008

Monthly Weight Check/ Miles

I am a day early; however, tomorrow will be my weekly running report so I thought this might be a good day to do this. It was a good month to say the least. The new diet I started near the beginning of the year is still yielding results. I dropped 7 pounds the first two weeks of the month and 4 for the remaining two weeks. There is a slow down but I think that this is a good rate. So in all I dropped 11 pounds during the shortened month. That is not too bad.

The trends on this are good. Weight loss is seldom a straight drop, it is usually (for me anyway) a couple of days down a day up, a couple of days down, a couple of days the same, a day down, two days up and so on. But I look for trends to see if I am keeping on track. The results can't be argued with.

So the end result is that on February 1, I weighed 242 and today I weigh 231. I doubt that I will keep dropping 10 pounds or more a month but if I can do 6 to 8 I would be happy.

Secondly, this was a monthly high in terms of miles. I logged 96.69 miles for the month of February. I am so stoked over this I can't begin to put it into words. Every week I push out another 20+ mile week. It is an amazing feeling to succeed at this goal. It is all good feelings today.

7 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Great job with the weight loss and miles. Is there a part of you that wants to run 3.31 miles tonight?

Robert Barker said...

Thanks Dan, I had not planned on the 3.31 maybe I will do a full 10 in a 2012.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's working for you Rob. Keep it up.

Jeff said...

Great month, Rob. Looks like everything is clicking for you.

I'm sure some of your recent speed improvement is due to the weight loss. I read somewhere you should improve 2 seconds per mile for every pound lost -- all other things being equal.

Chief Wahoo said...

Great job Rob!

Looks like you've got everything moving in the right direction!

Nancy said...

My goodness, you're making wonderfully steady progress. Good going. I know there is lots of work involved. Congrats.

CewTwo said...

Good for you! An excellent accomplishment!

Keep it up!