One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Just Another Half Marathon...

I was supposed to run 17 miles today; however, with my current funk I knew I wouldn't be running that far. Yet, I did have some foresight in regard to my training planning. When I set up this marathon training schedule I scheduled one week less than I had before the event. I knew that as an attorney my schedule can be suspect at times. Well I took my free week this week. I still ran 13.1 miles today, but that is not 17. So I will do this week again next week with no real damage to my schedule.

How did it go today? Pretty well thanks for asking. Since I cleared the funk out of my head over my training I feel much better. Here is the bottom line.

13.1 miles, 2 hours 21 minutes, 10:50 pace.
Huzzah for the PR. I was pretty shocked to be truthful. When I looked at the final numbers I was in disbelief. My slowest mile was mile 1 (11:06). That is it, 11:06 the slowest. Miles 12 and 13 were 10:57 and 10:59. To put that up at the end is a good sign for me. I felt strong at the end, I had another 6 to 7 miles in me. Things are coming together, even if this week becomes a scale back week, that is fine.

6 comments:

Nat said...

Very nice indeed. Sometimes we just need to pound it out eh?

Jason said...

Way to go man!!!! Congrats on the PR.

Jeff said...

That's some pretty good foresight on the training schedule.

Nice run!

Does is seem odd to you that on a normal Saturday you drop it down to just a half marathon run? The mileage is just crazy.

David H. said...

Since you're marathon is still a little ways away, you're just fine in cutting back on the long run this week. Great job on the time. I think in a race you could break 2 hours in a half!

Robert Barker said...

Thanks all, it is nice to have the sub 11:00 pr. I think I have overcome my funk from last week. I hope to get back on track, starting today.

Nancy said...

WHOA - NICE PACE!! Glad you cleared the funk. I'd love to run that time for a half.

Just catching up as I've been away with family. Hope you had a nice holiday weekend.