One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Last Run Before the Half Marathon

I think that having a good run before an event is pretty important. For me it sets my mood in the right spot before the event and helps me to get upbeat about the race. This morning was the last run before the event. It was nothing most people would write home about but for me it put me in the right spot mentally.

3.25 Miles, 34:58 time, 10:27 pace
I started the first mile a bit slow for the first .3 and then found my speed and maintained about a 10:15 to 10:25 pace the rest of the way. I did not feel like I was pushing and it was just a nice natural but quick run. Well quick for me.
So as one of my co-workers is fond of saying, I got my mind right. Now I can rest until Sunday morning and then race. I am looking forward to it.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh that's a fantastic run, Rob. Good on you!!

HAPPY REST and have a GREAT RACE!!

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

For me, that last run is all about imagery. And if it's good, it can be soooo good.

Good luck on the next half. I've watched your times get stronger and stronger over the past months, I'm sure you're going to do really well. And don't forget to have fun!

Road Warrior said...

This is excellent, Rob. You're ready for a great race on Sunday. I'm looking forward to a great race report.

Run smart!

Andrew is getting fit said...

Good luck for the race on Sunday Rob!

Jeff said...

Great taper run, Rob. Looking for a great time for you.

Robert Barker said...

Thanks for everyone's well wishing for this weekend. I will update everyone on the results. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Wow... nice run. Good luck remember to have fun. I look forward to the race report.

David H. said...

Good run. And have a great race this weekend! And have fun and enjoy the experience.