One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Monday, March 17, 2008

Week in Review

As I mentioned earlier in the week, work was a bit of a bear and I was not able to get any runs in until Friday. Which means that one run was axed from the schedule. But I did manage the following.

3/14/08 (am) .....3.25 miles .....10:54 pace .....651 calories

3/14/08 (pm) ..... 8.2 miles .....11:07 pace ..... 1504 calories

3/16/08 ..... 15.25 miles ..... 11:10 pace ..... 2828 calories

I did manage a decent recovery for the week. Two a days are not really the way to go but as I did a short one in the am I was not overly concerned. In other observations, 15 miles is a heck of a lot more taxing that 13.1. I suppose this might be self evident but not so much for me. After thirteen I was really right as rain, but after my 15 yesterday, my ankles and feet were quite sore. It is the longest run I can ever remember doing so that is probably part of it. I do feel fine today but I went to bed at 9 pm last night, very early for me. I was just exhausted at the end of the day. I am sure that I will have a similar report next week after I do 17 miles.

On the plus side, I did manage an 11:10 pace over 15.25 miles. For me that is smoking and I did shave 2 minutes off my half marathon time from last weekend, a little good weather goes a long way. This week should be closer to schedule.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Going up to new numbers is always tough, I remember it stair stepped for me, one week it was my body, the next it was cardio but the body held up. Just take it easy the day before and after and that will help too. It's hard to do this when your schedule is not ideal. Hang in there, Rob, you are doing fantastic. I am so proud of you for that pace. That is amazing for that long run!!!!!

Jeff said...

Great long run, Rob. Smokin pace.

Hitting those new distance levels can really be taxing -- did my first 16 this weekend -- didn't think I was gonna make it.

Robert Barker said...

Nancy: Thanks, it is hard to go to new distances and the impact on the body is an unknown until you actually do it.

Jeff: Thanks, I know all about hitting the wall. You made it though your 16, congrats.

Chief Wahoo said...

Great pace on the 15 miler!

Keep it up!