One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Week in Review

This was the most miles I have ever run in a single week, also Saturday marked the longest distance and longest time I have ever run at one time. Here are the results.



3/24/08 ..... 46.53 time ..... 4.35 miles ..... 10:47 pace .....759 calories



3/26/08 ..... 1:20:11 ..... 7.48 miles ..... 10:44 pace ..... 1357 calories



3/28/08 ..... 34:04 time ..... 3.25 miles ..... 10:29 pace ..... 696 calories



3/29/08 ..... 3:04:14 time ..... 16:00 miles ..... 11:31 pace ..... 2833 calories



31.08 miles



Some notes on the week:



1. My Friday run was interval training, this was the first time I put this into my program. It was a great time pushing the limits of my abilities. It was a good time.



2. I was only able to complete 16 of the 17 I had scheduled for the long run. This had everything to do with some family obligations. I just ran out of time. I was able to keep a decent pace over some serious hills and I was happy about that. My ankles took a pounding but after a couple of hours I was right as rain. I am surprised that after this type of pounding for hours that it only takes me 90 minutes to feel fine. It is amazing what the human body can handle when it is given the time to properly adapt. One year ago I was running at a 15:00 mile and huffing and puffing while doing it. In one year's time I have really made a substantial amount of progress.

3. Weight Check: Even though it is the 29th, I thought I would go on record. Today's pre run weight was 223. That is 8 pounds less than the beginning of the month. That is not bad, pretty good actually. That makes 25 for the year.

That's all I have

8 comments:

*lisa* said...

Wow, what a great week, Rob! Congratulations. I hope I will be able to say some of the things that you're saying now when it gets to be March next year.

Dave Fleet said...

Good work, Rob! 16 miles - that's a good effort. Nice!

Chief Wahoo said...

That's a great week!

Awesome pace on the 16 and congrats on the 25 lbs for the year!

Robert Barker said...

Lisa I am sure you will make the same sorts of improvements. Thanks Dave and Chief for the encouragement.

Nancy said...

293 to 223???!!!!! YOU ROCK. Congrats on the great success.

Jeff said...

Just catching up, Rob. Looks like you are in quite a groove.

I with you on the recovery aspect. I am continually amazed at how good I feel just a few hours after a long run. It wasn't so long ago that a 10 miler required two days of recovery.

Great job on the weight loss. You are really rocking!

Robert Barker said...

Nancy: Thanks

Jeff: Good to see you are back. Thanks.

David H. said...

Great week. Very well balanced. I once got advice that doing a long run the day after speed work is the way to go...