One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ate Something

Well the title is a bit misleading. I did some intervals today a half mile of speed with a half mile recovery over 3.65 miles.

The Up portions were: 8:55 pace, 9:22 pace, 9:02 pace and 9:35 pace (for the last .15). The down portions were also encouraging at 11:34, 11:22, 11:21 and 10:53. I think this a nice result. I was quite happy with the 8:55 pace for the first speedy half mile.

********
In other news, I have been going to my martial arts classes but I have been in a funk. I have been a bit more tentative than I usually am. I believe this all started a number of weeks back when I caught a training partner with an elbow under the chin. That was the intended target I just didn't intent to strike the man. I like to pride myself on control and when I hit someone I like to mean it. So I think when I hit someone without the intention of doing so, it bothered me. Rationally, I know things happen; however, it did get to me anyway and made my training less enjoyable. I think that I can try to overcome this mental block a bit now that I know what it is. More mind games, it is unfortunate that my own subconscious was plotting against me.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Okay, maybe I'm just slow, but I had to reread like 4 times to get to "ate" = "8". (And for any other slowpokes like me out there, riddle solved.)

Anyway, great speed.