One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Monday, April 21, 2008

Will Ferrell Rocks

I thought I noticed that Will Ferrell was supposed to run the Boston Marathon today. I could not find his time, I could have been wrong on that. I am not sure what happened, but I did find something on when he ran in 2003. I think Will is funny and I love most of his movies, although 'Blades of Glory' was a bit unfortunate. However, I did not know he was a runner. This changes him in my eyes a bit. The performance I did find, 3 hours, 56 minutes and 12 seconds, was a great time for Boston.

When I saw that his name was listed for Boston, I thought, "well another celebrity got a pass." Not true. A 9 minute pace over 26.2 is legitimate for his 2003 run. Good for him, here is to you Will Ferrell, way to go. I think I am more Katie Holmes in NY Marathon speed (5 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds). I think I might beat her we will see.

In other celebrity running news, Lance Armstrong finished at 2:50:58 or a 6:32 pace. Lance is awesome. I can only marvel at what he can do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive on Will Ferrell. Endurance says something don't it.

Ok. I posted about this at some point but I am of the opinion that Katie did not actually run that marathon. Seriously I can't run around the block without a sports bra... no way she ran 26.2 in THAT and not look like she'd been shot in the chest. So if you run all 26.2 miles you finish ahead of Katie.

Robert Barker said...

I agree with you Nat; however, I will leave you to make the call on Katie Holmes, I am not qualified. :)

Jeff said...

I'm not sure if there are "free passes" to Boston other than to elite runners, but I know that there are "charity" slots.

A buddy of mine paid (wouldn't tell me how much) to run in his first ever marathon, and his lack of training showed in his 5+ hr time.

I would hope that the celebrities at least write a check, like the rest of the rich and less famous.