One Man's Fitness Fitness Adventures and Musings

Thursday, April 17, 2008

What is with all this deadline stuff?

This week has been a tough one work wise. I work for good people but they have their demands as well. I usually can get things done on 9 to 10 hours a day, usually. I had a last minute thing to get done for Wednesday which meant that I spent my normal 10 on Monday followed with 14 on Tuesday and another 10 on Wednesday. All work and no play makes Rob a dull boy, but what can you do, work is demanding sometimes. So, I was not able to run until this morning for the week. The good news is that I did it in new shoes and this is a cut back week.

Quick funny: When I went into the store, Philadelphia Runner, I love that place. I told the guy that I had burned out my shoes and I had a marathon coming up. He said: "Boston?" I said, "Not really" and laughed a lot. Boston, what a funny man.

There is nothing more exciting than new shoes. My Brooks Adrenaline GTS7's were burned out. I knew that during the 18 mile jaunt last weekend. I needed to step up to the plate this week and replace them. It was sad we had been though so much together. It was like moving away from a friend. But what can you do, my little buddies were broken down and out friendship was hurting me, literally. So I bought some new friends, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8. These shoes look fast and that makes all the difference. The silver trim makes the difference. I am sad about my old shoes being gone but the new ones are outstanding. I can feel the difference.

This morning: 3.65 miles, 10:09 pace, 37 minutes 3 seconds -- see the shoes are fast.

4 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Rob you have to love fast shoes.

David H. said...

I'm loving my new GTS so far, even though I'm not able to get that many miles in. Keep up the great work

Andrew is getting fit said...

If you think the silver trim makes you fast you wait till you try red trim!

Jeff said...

Paraphrasing Fernando (Billy Crystal character from SNL):

It's not how they feel, dahling, it's how they look and they look fast.

(I think it lost something in the translation. Sorry.)